Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Winter Break

The spring semester started yesterday which gives me a little time to reflect on this year's winter break.  A month off if a wonderful thing and I feel like this year I was able to mix in activities and rest.  Usually i run myself ragged and then get sick, but this year I was able to nip that in the bud, pull back and not get sick.

So this year, we made a trip to Longwood Gardens to see their Christmas display which I blogged about here.  We took advantage of the unseasonably warm weather and made a trip to the Philadelphia Zoo which was fantastic since everyone else was off doing Christmasy things we had the Zoo to ourselves.  We had a Jumpers playdate with friends, we had a lunch date with mom-mom at the King of Prussia Mall.  I got my hair cut and colored… I went back to green.


We had Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes from Chick-Fil-A


Nate got lots of LEGOs and the new Skylanders Swapforce for the WiiU for Christmas 




I started playing around with lacto-fermenting with these dill pickles


In addition, I did some minor car repairs by myself (!), baked lots, held my annual cookie exchange, met baby Mario, shopped, and played lots of Mario 3-D World.

Now it is back to the working world. Which is good.  As much as I like our unstructured time off, we all can benefit from a little routine and structure.



No comments: